Unobtrusive bookmarking

I, like many geeks who spend too much time on the Interwebs, love bookmarks. I create far too many of them, and I always regret it a year down the line when my list of bookmarks is ten times taller than my screen.
A habit I have with bookmarks is to create one for literally every page I visit that I may look at again, just so I can get to it simply by typing a quick word in the address bar rather than a URL. (Another hope there is that some day a desktop search engine will grab keywords from that web page's content and meta data so the bookmarks work as a good representation of everything I am interested in).

One way I have solved this is by creating a tag called Miscellaneous, where I put most of my bookmarks to avoid them filling up the main Bookmarks menu. Still, it's quite a mess, and I find it rather unintuitive that I must go through the bookmarking dialog for all of these pages.

Firefox 3 is doing this quite well by putting the bookmarks button right on its address bar. Pressing it once creates a bookmark automatically that stays out of the way, does not need any further input from the user, yet is (in a sense) a bookmark. I think similar functionality would do well with Epiphany, where the tagging system definitely does encourage creating lots and lots of bookmarks. The smooth way in Epiphany of finding bookmarks via the address bar really encourages that, too.

The thought in detail. This could be implemented fairly easily, since almost everything we need is already here!
-Add a button to quickly bookmark a page. No reason not to mirror Firefox there; theirs is done very well. (One change I think would do well is recognizing when a page is nearby another one - eg., in the same domain - and have the icon reflect it by being slightly illuminated).
-First click on the button makes a quick bookmark, which requires no extra interaction. Just creates a bookmark with the current page's title. A second click brings the user to the bookmark dialog for that same bookmark.

Problem: Bloated bookmarks menu.
-That magical quick bookmark thing could create a new tag for 'not quite important enough' bookmarks. That is, bookmarks created with one click to the button but given no further detail. In this way, the menu is not impossible to navigate except in that one submenu.
The fancy address bar can handle the rest :)

Methinks this could be implemented as an extension. Does anyone know of nice Epiphany extension examples / documentation?
Also, of course, the purpose of this all is to see if someone is already working on this, or if anyone has some suggestions that could make this cooler.

Thanks in advance!
-Dylan