installing epiphany on old version of ubuntu 7.04

Hey, like many people, I have an old pc that runs faster with the older versions of the software, in my case a 1GB ram + 1 core CPU, and I am using compiz fusion 1.0 (based on ubuntu 7.04).

The only problem is that firefox is making me go mental, so I need to install epiphany instead, even though none of the regular ways to install it are available as it is no longer officially supported by ubuntu. eg:

sudo apt-get install epiphany-browser
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package epiphany-browser is not available, but is referred to by another package

and
applications --> add/remove and synaptic package manager are not working either

How to choose the best package/version of epiphany to run on it, and how to install it please?  I have already tried ubuntu forums but with no luck as yet.

Regards Freeman