Re: Comodo SSL certificate not trusted

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:14:06 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Comodo SSL certificates because they are inexpensive (>20
> euro). Epiphany has Comodo as an authority, but the certificates are not
> trusted. What will be wrong?

You probably need to configure your web server to present the
intermediate certificates between the CA certificate in ephy's store and
the certificate you were issued with.

If you are using Apache then this is done with the
SSLCertificateChainFile option <http://localhost/manual/en/mod/
mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatechainfile>. Your CA will probably have an FAQ
with details about exactly which file you need to set this option to.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078