Re: epiphany-extensions license

> Another thing to keep in mind that someone pointed out to me is that
> the GPL doesn't really concern itself with linking, only distribution.

it's about creating a derivative work. when linking into another program
in c, you need to include the library's header files (which basically
makes it a derivative work). afaik, python libraries are not affected by
this.

> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/epiphany-extensions/trunk/COPYING.README?view=markup

it says "present copyright holders" -- if no special measures have been
taken, allowing non-gpl/mpl/npl plugins at a later moment might require
permission from every single significant contributor!

regards
chrysn

ps sorry for out-of-time transmission; forgot to set the recipient correctly