Re: Open links or history elements on new tabs & gwget extension

2007/10/4, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org>:
> The second one is related to the gwget extension I saw on Ubuntu
> repositories. I installed it, but couldn't find a way to use it. The
> downloads keep being managed normally, although I've gwget and wget on
> my system.
>
> Any ideas?

The latest release of gwget / gwget epiphany extension hasn't been
updated for more recent epiphany versions. Recently someone on irc
reported the same problem but fixed it by recompiling it with a small
version number patch. I hope this helps.

Perhaps Reinout spoke about me with the one who has reported this on IRC. In Ubuntu Gutsy i made it working by doing changing some lines in configure.in:

sudo apt-get install epiphany-browser-dev subversion automake build-essentials
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gwget/trunk gwget
cd gwget
sed -i 's/2.18/2.20/g' configure.in
./autogen.sh --enable-epiphany-extension --prefix=/usr --with-epiphany-version=2.20
make
sudo make install

I also wrote this down here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gwget2/+bug/141048/comments/5

I think this extension needs some developer, because it does not work if gwget is not running when the download is getting started

Best regards