Re: Epiphany - flash plugin

Thank you Mike and Reinout.

I would think that Epiphany would know where to put plugins.
If it's a global or Epiphany configuration I can understand it might need to be set correctly the first time a plugin was downloaded.
I'm not finding any help in Epiphany on even downloading a plugin in the first place. The about:plugins page sends me to mozilla for assistance.
I don't understand that if Epiphany is to cut ties with mozilla why would Epiphany Help send me right back to mozilla.
The package manager (Synaptic) indicates mozilla is nothing more than an empty package pointing to Epiphany.

This is a fresh install of Linux. Here is the uname output:
Linux orion 2.6.18-5-486 #1 Wed Sep 26 17:21:38 UTC 2007 i586 GNU/Linux

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 15:45 +0000, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
Op donderdag 04-10-2007 om 08:32 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Mike
Melanson:

> So Epiphany is not finding the Flash plugin. Move the plugin to where
> Epiphany finds its plugins. I'm not sure where that is, but surely
> someone on this list does.

This depends on the distribution you're running. It could be something
like /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. If your distro builds Epiphany against
Firefox then Epiphany should automatically find all plugins that Firefox
does.

--
Larry Crouch
lcrouch digitalsynergistics net