Re: Request for privacy features in Epiphany

Hell Claus,

> At first I wish to thank all the developers and contributors for their
> great work in Gnome 2.20 and Epiphany!

Thanks for your feedback!

> - I cannot allow or disallow selected sites to store cookies
>   permanently or temporary
>
> - I cannot allow or disallow selected sites to use java script
>   permanently or temporary
>
> I would really appreciate to have a simple plugin like NoScript or
> Cookiesafe as present for Firefox!

The best way to get this functionality under Epiphany (and all other
browsers you may use :) is to install Privoxy and adjust the Gnome proxy
server settings accordingly.

For those who don't know: Privoxy is a proxy server that runs locally on
your computer which is able to filter out any undesired content.

> A integration of TOR (The Onion Router) would also be a nice feature:)

"Do one thing and do it well": there's nothing stopping you from
installing TOR yourself. It's even designed to work together with the
aforementioned Privoxy.

> Thanks for listening to my suggestions and keep up the great work what
> is very appreciated here!

Thanks again :)
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen