Re: What is Epiphany's role now?

On Mar 26, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:

Unfortunately, I think we have lost the battle to get Epiphany installed as the default browser on popular Linux distributions. The Firefox brand was just something that they couldn't do without.

Once upon a time, Internet Explorer was a brand that Mac OS couldn't do without. But it's not a good idea for an OS vendor to be dependent on an ISV that's far more interested in Windows, so Apple acted accordingly. The same problem applies to Firefox on Linux-based OSes, just not as much yet.

True, Internet Explorer wasn't Free Software, but neither is Firefox unless you debrand it. And if you do that, whoops, you've lost that "Firefox brand".

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/