new tab opens the homepage

Hi,

With epiphany 2.18, I see this new comportment:
when I open a new tab, the homepage is automatically opened in.

This comportment can make sense, but I very dislike it, because, while
the homepage is charging, changing the URL is not easy (URL textbox
loses focus and it is very slow - just try with gmail as homepage and
being already logged in).

I would like to be able to open a new empty tab, where I can enter my
desired URL as quickly as possible.

And I would like to do it without setting a blank page as homepage.

Is there a way to do it?

I looked into gconf, but I have not seen any option to set this comportment.

Yann