Re: SoC 2007 ideas

On 3/12/07, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
Op zondag 11-03-2007 om 15:45 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Diego
Escalante:
> The long awaited bookmarks-history integration must be on the list.

Something along these lines then?

===
Integration of bookmarks/history functionality (mentor: Diego Escalante
and others)

Benefits: The current History functionality in Epiphany is quite
limited. It would be great to bring bookmarks and history under the same
umbrella, making them available to all of GNOME instead of just the web
browser.  Could be a perfect use case for Tracker;

      * Requirements: Existing knowledge of RDF gives a head start, some
        background in user interface design is preferable.

Just my opinion, but I'd say other than knowing C and being familiar
with the GNOME stack there's really no strong requirements here.
Whatever RDF knowledge you might need for this I suppose it shouldn't
be too hard to learn, and certainly the UI can (and will!) be openly
discussed in the list/IRC. What we need is someone with lots of free
time and energy to do the low level work :)

Other than that it's just perfect, thanks for handling this and let's
hope it gets accepted :)

      * Explanation: The basic idea is that bookmarks can be viewed as
        persistent history items. The bookmarks/history UI could be
        adapted to fit this concept. A page containing brain storm
        information can be found here:
        http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/BookmarksHistoryIntegration

===

regards,