Re: features request #1

fre, 02 03 2007 kl. 02:40 +0100, skrev nicola di maria:
> Epiphany surprised me. I would like to adopt it as my default browser but I still miss some
> less or more important features:
> - close other tabs
> - close left/right tab

With keyboard shortcuts, in the menu, or both?

This should be doable by (someone) writing an extension or two.

> - duplicate tab

I am not sure that this currently can be done properly with a Python
extension. It would probably require a C extension.

> - mailto link doesn't work in xfce, no email client is opened at all

First, Epiphany is *the* GNOME browser. Xfce support is not that big a
priority, if at all, AFAIK.

Second, I too use Epiphany in Xfce. You can configure the mail
application to use in gnome-default-applications-properties (run in
terminal/from run dialog).

If you don't have gnome-default-applications-properties on your system,
then you will have to configure it manually in gconf:

STRING /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command (set to command line
to use, with %s in place of the e-mail address).
BOOLEAN /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/enabled (set to true).
BOOLEAN /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/needs_terminal (set to true
if your e-mail client needs to run in a terminal, otherwise false).

> - shift+delete to delete wrong suggestions in url bar

Like, when one want to go to google.com, but writes goggle dot com by
mistake, and then wants to remove goggle dot com from history? That can
be done from the History window (Go > History [Ctrl+H]).

> - .po support for translation

Epiphany already uses .po files for translations.

> - embed the third part extension (after testing)

What do you mean by "embed"? and which third party extension?

> thanks
> nicola

Stefan