Re: Privacy extension

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 00:31 +0100, Jaime Frutos Morales wrote:

> Private browsing is different from what I want to do. I just want to
> browse the Internet as always but, when I've finished and I close
> epiphany, if this extension is active, it removes all cookies on my
> computer and cleans history.

> Anybody aware of the limitations of the Extension Manager can help
> me,please?

There's no "shutting down" signal, so you'll have to use attach_window
and detach_window with a global variable to track the number of windows
open. When that number hits 0 (in detach_window), you should call your
special "delete-stuff" code. (Note: this has the unfortunate bug that
unloading your extension will also trigger the "delete-stuff" code. I
can't, in 2 minutes, think of a trivial solution to that.)

The code must do something like this (I just typed this in the Python
console right now...):

import epiphany
s = epiphany.ephy_shell_get_default()

gh = s.get_global_history()
gh.clear()

es = s.get_embed_single()
map(es.remove_cookie, es.list_cookies())

I didn't test the remove_cookie part, because I'm hungry.

--
Adam Hooper
adamh densi com