Re: Interesting Problem Rendering Page

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 12:47 -0800, Chris Thielen wrote:
> I'm using Epiphany 1.8.5 under Gnome 2.12 on FreeBSD 6.0/i386.
> I noticed that on the website, the "Release Date" section for
> albums has been appearing like a full Oracle timestamp, like: "Tue Mar
> 14 12:42:00 2006", when the release date is supposed to read "Mar 14,
> 2006".

I thought I knew the answer, but no. I have no time to find it; let me
help anybody else who wants to:

I can reproduce the bug (example page:
<>). I tried
downloading using wget with different user-agent strings, and all
produced the bug. From my bash history:

  505  wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;
en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20021120 Netscape/7.01"
  507  wget --user-agent="Firefox/1.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US;
Localization; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)"
  509  wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;
en-US; rv: Gecko/20060111 Lightningcrocodile Firefox/"

It's funny that wget gets these erroneous web pages, though. That
clearly indicates a problem on their website. However, I can't see what
Firefox does differently. (It does not have to do with the referrer
field: I copy/pasted that URL into Firefox.)

Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]