Interesting Problem Rendering Page

I'm using Epiphany 1.8.5 under Gnome 2.12 on FreeBSD 6.0/i386.

I noticed that on the emusic.com website, the "Release Date" section for
albums has been appearing like a full Oracle timestamp, like: "Tue Mar
14 12:42:00 2006", when the release date is supposed to read "Mar 14,
2006".

I contacted emusic.com initially thinking this was just a problem on
their side, like they forgot to run the timestamp through some
formatting function before displaying it on a page, but to my surprise,
they said they couldn't reproduce it.

I checked again, using Epiphany 1.8.5, and the erroneous timestamp was
still there. I then booted up Firefox 1.5, which to the best of my
knowledge, should be using the same Gecko rendering engine as Epiphany
1.8.5 (unless Epiphany is using a slightly older version, I have no
idea, I didn't compile Epiphany or Firefox myself), and to my surprise
Firefox 1.5 displayed the correct timestamp, "Tue Mar 14, 2006"!

I checked multiple albums and the consistent behavior is that Epiphany
is showing these long timestamps while Firefox is not. I looked at the
page source handed out by the emusic.com server and it's not using any
sort of Javascript function to compute that date, which was my first
guess at why it should be different, but it actually appears
"hard-coded", like the output of any PHP or ColdFusion script would
appear to be.

I contacted emusic technical support again and explained the problem,
letting them know that it only existed in Epiphany and not Firefox, and
they said to get in contact with you, and that if you decide to look
into it, they'd be interested in hearing from you (you, the Epiphany
team).

Here's the full e-mail from emusic.com concerning this problem:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting eMusic Customer Support.

If you's like to contact them, please do.  You can include this email in
your contact.  I'd be interested in hearing from them.

Regards,

Josh
eMusic Customer Support Team