Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Chrome Changes

On 3/2/06, Kristoffer Lundén <kristoffer lunden gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/2/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> > > <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_frm/thread/85a8c60c5b9a3f93/c4d7088e08d3dfcc?tvc=1&hl=en#c4d7088e08d3dfcc>
> >

> Some interesting proposals there. Hiding the statusbar seems like a
> huge mistake though, how then to verify suspect links? It always
> struck me as one of the immediately bad things about IE. I understand
> that many people don't anyways, but it does seem wrong to take away
> the chance to maybe catch it.

So come up with a better way to do it. :) The information could be in
the mouseover popup; i could only come up when the target link in some
way doesn't match the text of the link; there are a million potential
ways to do this, all less crappy than the statusbar (which gedit has
wisely basically gotten rid of.)

Luis