Remove throbber?

Is there a specific reason for having a throbber on the toolbar?  From
what I can tell the reasons for having one in a web browser are:

1) Status information;

2) Branding.

I don't think 2) is relevant at all in Epiphany's case. 1) is
unnecessary considering there's a *status* bar which has a much more
useful progress bar. Having a throbber means people might look in the
wrong place to see this information.

If relevant at all, I think this is what other browsers do: Apple
doesn't have one in the toolbar, and they also have the statusbar
disabled by default (the URL bar is the progress bar). It also appears
to be gone from Internet Explorer in Windows Vista. Firefox moved it to
the menubar for some reason.

I'd like to suggest two alternatives to improve Epiphany in this area:

a) remove the throbber (my personal pick);
b) move it to the statusbar. Maybe in the right corner, right next to
the progress bar.

Comments? Or, anyone loves the throbber so much that they want to flame
me for even suggesting this?  :)

Cheers,
Evandro