Re: Fwd: what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?

On 1/27/06, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 14:06 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Would it perhaps be an idea to relabel the 'Go' button to 'Search', and
> performing the same action when clicked as when the user had pressed
> enter after entering keywords? Only when something that looks like a
> valid URL was entered, the label would change to 'Go'.
>
> I know, I know, changing button labels is generally not a good idea, but
> maybe just in this case it could work...

In my experience, less technical users think they're "search"-ing when
they type in a URL, anyway. I'd believe it if someone told me that
leaving it as "Search" forever is the best way to go.

That was exactly my thought, too. =)

-- Kristoffer

Kristoffer Lundén
kristoffer lunden gmail com