Re: Fwd: what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?

Hi Evandro,

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:

I think we should first try to make it easier to learn that the URL bar is also the search bar.

Do you have any suggestions to this effect? Not a rhetorical question, but genuinely interested. What could be easier then just typing what you're looking for and pressing enter? We already have a tooltip explaining that.

Would it perhaps be an idea to relabel the 'Go' button to 'Search', and performing the same action when clicked as when the user had pressed enter after entering keywords? Only when something that looks like a valid URL was entered, the label would change to 'Go'.

I know, I know, changing button labels is generally not a good idea, but maybe just in this case it could work...

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778