Re: download manager could use improvement,

On 1/26/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> > 4. I'd like to have the possibility of limiting my download speed.
>
> I really don't think that is a job for the browser to do - I suggest
> that look for some bandwidth throttling software that's made for this
> kind of thing.

Can't help but think that it is the logical place to look for it
though. Just like many other applications that download (or upload)
files have settings like this.

It's probably much easier for a user that notices that downloads take
all their bandwidth in a bad way to just lower the speed of the
already open download than it is to find, install, figure out and
configure a separate program. A program that then would have to
correctly identify this particular download as the one that should be
throttled.

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén