Re: Build error when building epiphany 1.9.4

[not trimming quote because my previous mail was accidentally sent off-list]
yinglcs2 yahoo com wrote:

> --- Lennon Cook <maguswizardo gmail com> wrote:
> > yinglcs2 yahoo com wrote:
> > > Can you please tell me how can I make epiphany
> > link
> > > with Firefox 1.5?
> > ./configure --help | grep firefox
> Thanks.  The only option I found is this, but how can
> I specify the location of "firefox1.5"?
>
> $ ./configure --help | grep firefox
>   --with-gecko[=mozilla|firefox|seamonkey|xulrunner]
You shouldn't need to. --with-gecko=firefox should force it to build
against whatever version of Firefox you have installed. The only
reasons this should fail is if you have multiple versions of Firefox
installed and it's linking against the wrong one (fix: uninstall other
version temporarily while building epiphany, or possibly ld can be
told to prefer a particular version),  or ld doesn't know where
Firefox's libraries are (solution: update /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig). Other than that, I think things should Just Work.

--
Lennon Victor Cook