Bookmarks and searches (was: Fwd: what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?)

Hello William,

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, William Case wrote:

For me, Bookmarks is epiphany.  The Bookmark icon is on my panel and I
use it to launch into the web.

Nice to hear. The Epiphany bookmarks editor was given its own toplevel launcher with this scenario in mind, but not many people seem to use it that way.

sourceforge etc.). I prefer to read my downloaded HTML manuals and other documents in epiphany. So, how can I establish rules that do one or the other?

Although you could change the association for HTML files on your local disk to another browser, it is not possible in the bookmarks editor to have some bookmarks open in another browser than Epiphany. If/when bookmarks are abstracted to a desktop-wide concept then this might change.

enter search item in bookmark, bookmark starts epiphany and immediately searches the web. Don't even have to see the epiphany window until the search is completed.

Have you tried the deskbar-applet yet? I think it mostly does what you describe here.

* On the bookmark, a one click epiphany launch.  In gnome, I have
  every thing set up so the cursor hover = focus, click = launch.
  Now, I have to pause in the bookmark and remember to double click.

Hmm, someone with more insight in the code than I have should be able to say whether it is feasible to honor the 1-click-activate pref in the bookmarks editor... (how would you select multiple items?)

* The demensions and position that I set for the bookmark, when I use
  it as the desktop launch engine alone, are never retained from
  launch to launch.

This might be a bug, please use bugzilla.gnome.org to report it. Thanks :-) If you have any other questions or feedback, don't hesitate to post it!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778