How to enable on-the-spot URL editing

Hi, everyone.

I know the title of this post may be obscure at first, but I don't
know how to express such a feature in English simply.  Sorry for that.

When we input a URL into the address field of epiphany, a list of
URL's which satisfy the partial URL we are inputting will appear in
the drop-down menu below the address field.  This is a common feature
available not only in epiphany, but also in all most every modern web
browsers nowadays.  When we navigate the items in that URL list by up
and down direction keys, the URL highlighted will be selected one by
one.  If we press Enter key, then that selected key will by regarded
as the URL we want to go.

But, how can I get the selected URL appear in the address field
without really beginning to go to that URL?  That is, is it possible
for the user to let the selected URL in address field and then edit it
before linking to it?

For example, suppose I have browsed a web page:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gaim
If I want to go to the bug report page of totem, I can just input
something like 'bugs.debian', then the similar URL I have accessed
will appear in the drop-down menu below the address field.  If I can
let it appeared in address field, I can just delete the last word
'gaim' and replace it with 'totem'.  The new URL I want to go is in
address field now.  Just a simply Enter key will begin to link to it.
Obviously, it is very desirable.  In fact, many other modern browsers,
such firefox and even IE have this feature.  As we browse the
candidate URLs in the drop-down menu by direction keys, the
highlighted URL will appear in the address field.  For epiphany,
however, this is impossible now.

I wonder if this feature can be turned on easily?  Or, can it be added
in the new release of epiphany?

Thank you very much.

--
Hongzheng Wang