Re: Fwd: what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 21:02 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> På Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 01:09:29PM -0500, Lee Revell skrev:
> > On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:50 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > > Hi Lee,

> > > GNOME applications have Ctrl+L for this purpose. Using Alt+D is a
> > > mistake, since it overrides menu accelerators. In German, for instance,
> > > the File menu is called _Datei, activated with Alt+D.
> >
> > You can't make users constantly change the keystrokes they are used to
> > using for common tasks, that work on every other OS and browser they
> > use.  Users will rightfully consider this a BUG.
>
> PLEASE HELP YOURSELF BY CREATING A PLUGIN THAT FIXES YOUR BUG. OH, THIS BUG
> HAS BEEN FIXED ALREADY BY CHPE: http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/extensions/
>
>   mvrgr, Wouter (doesn't like your attitude)

I'm not complaining, Epiphany can do whatever it wants, who am I to say
what keybindings your app should use.  The OP asked for any objections
that might be raised to making it the default browser, and like it or
not, if people are used to Firefox, this one will come up.  It's not
like I was just spouting an unsolicited opinion, someone asked the list
for feedback, and I provided it.

Lee