usability issue in epiphany 2.16.1

Hi Everybody,

I often use Epiphany's %s bookmark search feature. I'll type a search string into the address bar, and then select google/wikipedia and search. This is a great feature, there is only one small problem that I have with it.

I accidentally hit enter a lot of the time without selecting google or wikipedia, and epiphany pops up a dialog box saying "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.". This is fine, it is user error on my behalf, and I'm not sure that searching google would be a better default behaviour, however this is not my major gripe; my major problem is that after popping up the dialog box, it deletes everything that was in the address bar. As you can imagine, after having typed in +epiphany +browser +"mailing list" -foo -bar, and then accidentally hitting the enter key and losing the whole line can be really annoying.

Should I file a bug on this, and if so, how should I word it, or would what I have just written be fine?

Thanks guys,

Thomas