Re: Epiphany extensions

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 15:53 -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
> Em Dom, 2006-04-02 às 14:07 -0400, Jim escreveu:
> > Is there anyway to configure Epiphany extensions?  I have enabled
> > adblock and greasemonkey.  However I don't see where to go to configure
> > any of them
> >
> > I am starting to really like the way Epiphany does bookmarks and think
> > overall Epiphany is snappier than FF.  However I cannot live without
> > adblocking.
> >
> > How does a user configure Epiphany extensions such as adblock or
> > greasemonkey?
> >
> > Jim
>
> AFAIK you can't configure the AdBlock extension (it "Just Works"). :)

It's supposed to "Just Work" in the sense that its default set of
patterns is very accurate. Some users want more, though....

You can write adblock patterns into
~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions/data/adblock/blacklist (and whitelist) if
you want (edit them with your favourite text editor). Look
at /usr/share/epiphany-extensions/adblock-patterns to see what patterns
should look like (they're Perl-compatible regular expressions; you can
use the "pcretest" tool, part of libpcre3, to test them).

If the blacklist/whitelist file exists at the time when the AdBlock
extension is loaded, the extension will automatically update itself
whenever changes to those files occur. That is, you don't need to
restart Epiphany to check if your patterns are correct -- you only need
to reload the web page in question. (You *do* need to restart Epiphany,
or unload/reload the adblock extension, after *creating* the blacklist
or whitelist files.)

As for Greasemonkey: right-click on a link to a user script (from a web
page) and click "Install" to install it. All scripts are stored in
~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions/data/greasemonkey/[filename]. You can edit
the scripts with your favourite text editor to change (for instance)
which hosts they apply to; the settings will be updated without the need
to restart Epiphany or reload the Greasemonkey extension.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>