Re: Usability: search dialog missing

You seem to think that a search is stateless, which
usually isn't the case.

> So basically, your only problem is that the
> type-ahead find bar is
> missing the search history menu that the dialog had.

No. My problem is that a search dialog is missing.

> That should be
> pretty easy to restore. :-)

How should that work?  We're talking about two
completely different concepts here. One is the
"type-ahead", as you call it, which usually jumps to
the occurences as you type and vanishes when you found
what you're looking for.

The other is a stateful search dialog which lets you
"navigate" through the document.