Re: Address bar searches (was: epiphany-list gnome org)

I agree with you. That mozilla bug is fixed, so I don't know what the
person who filed Epiphany bug is talking about. It is quite vague.

If I enter a non-resolving domain with a dot, Epiphany gives an error
message. The current behavior seems to be to treat it as a URL if it
contains a dot. If it contains a colon and not a dot, then if the DNS
doesn't resolve, it strips off the colon, and treats it as a keyword.
The only problem I see is that if someone mispells an entry in their
hosts file, then it will be directed to google, with the port number
chopped off, if it included one. URLs that start with http:// seem to
always be treated correctly.

Also, how about an error page for DNS names that fail to resolve,
perhaps which could contain suggestions (closely matching previously
visited domains?) and let the user search for the term(s) entered.