Re: Epiphany question

cc: epiphany-list

Hi Andy,

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Andy Vedmore wrote:

goes. I recently did a reinstall and added new apps, when I came to do a search for the BBC by typing just bbc in the search bar in got this.

[screenshot of domain name registration service]

That is strange indeed, it should have done a keyword search on Google. Are you connecting to the web via some kind of proxy server perhaps?

 see first attachment. I think it maybe adware my question is how do I

I very much doubt the 'adware' theory, I have never seen anything like that on Linux.

get rid of it short of doing a clean install. It renders epiphany useless because if I what I'm searching for is not in my bookmarks I get this add?

When you type 'bbc' in the address field, you will also see a dropdown menu with at least the option 'search the web'. What happens if you select that (cursor down+enter or mouse)?

PS Did you know you can grab a single window with the gnome screenshot applet by pressing Alt+PrintScreen?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen