Re: Python extension manipulating bookmarks

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 08:20:32AM -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:17 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:10:13PM -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
>> >You'd have to show us the rest of your code. Those two lines
>> >demonstrate at least one bug: disconnect() is a GObject function: it's
>> >meant to disconnect a signal from bms to some other object. (The
>> >parameter is meant be an integer ID returned from a corresponding
>> >bms.connect()) call. In other words, that last line never deleted any
>> >bookmarks.
>>
>> Cool. It used to work just fine. I've been using that code for months
>> with Epiphany 1.6. Can't say I understand how it worked, but it did.
>> Anyway, no point in dwelling on past luck...
>
>It must have been a line before that which deleted bookmarks. Could you
>show us the code?

This is the whole method:

  def url_delete(self, url):
      # do we need to do anything if the URL isn't there?
      if self.__cache.has_key(url):
          self.__bms.disconnect(self.__cache[url].get_id())
          self.__cache.pop(url)
          self.__snap_utd = 0

__cache is a dictionary that holds the EphyNodes indexed by the url. As
you can see there isn't anything going on before the `disconnect()`.
After that method was executed the bookmark was gone... Don't know how,
but it worked...

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

ill Gates should limit his salary to the number of bytes addressable
by the latest version of MS-DOS, and be taxed based on the number of
bytes of RAM needed by the latest version of MS-Windows.