Re: keywords as a core extenstion

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 22:21 +1100, Nigel Tao wrote:
> Keywords in a nutshell: I type "wp Epiphany" and my browser goes to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany

> Second - what plans do the Epiphany devs have (if any) of "blessing"
> this feature (as part of epiphany-extensions, presumably)?  Because I am
> hoping to provide it through the deskbar-applet, even if the preferred
> browser is Epiphany rather than Firefox (boo, hiss :-).

In that case, Epiphany doesn't even need to know that these keywords
exist: it could be a part of the deskbar-applet alone.

It'd be nice if deskbar-applet and Epiphany shared the same keywords and
bookmarks, but that would mean deskbar-applet would require that
Epiphany has that extension loaded for keyword searches to work.
Personally, I think you'll reach a wider audience if you don't make that
assumption.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>