Re: smi files trying to be opened by totem instead of realplayer

Hi Luis,

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Luis Carlos Cobo Rus wrote:

every time I click on a smi file which would open nicely with RealPlayer,

What kind of file is .smi? I've never heard of it.

have RealPlayer as default for this kind of files. This and the fact
that in about:plugins there is no info about smi being associated to
totem-plugin is what makes me wonder what is the reason of this
behaviour. Shouldn't Epiphany match Gnome's file associations?

Yes, absolutely. Even more, Totem doesn't register as being capable of playing Real files at all. The only reason I can think of that this goes wrong for you, is that the web server passes an incorrect MIME type for the .smi file, but one that Totem does support.

You may want to check what MIME type you get by using wget to retrieve the URL of the .smi file.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778