Separate Download Manager From Epiphany

Epiphany has a download manager built into it.  Of course Epiphany needs a way to download files, but I think it would be better to separate the download manager into a separate application for three reasons.

1. If someone sends me an email with a link to a file, clicking that link in Evolution opens up a blank Epiphany window, and Epiphany then offers to download the file.  Separating the download manager would avoid the unnecessary step of opening an Epiphany window, which I just close.  Perhaps it would reduce the time for the download to start, too, if the download manager did not have to wait for Epiphany to load.

2. By separating the download manager into a separate program, it would be easier (from a UI point of view, and perhaps a programming one too) to add support for BitTorrent and perhaps other similar protocols.  This functionality perhaps could become part of a built in download manager, but the additional UI necessary would be dfficult to justify in a built in manager.  In a separated manager, it would still be necessary to maintain a simple, clean interface, but it would be easier to do so.

3. A separate download manager would also conform better to the unix ideal of one program, one task.  This ideal may not be universally applicable, but in this case I think it is relevant.

Any thoughts?
Michael