Re: Proposal to revamp bookmarks++

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 18:44 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> P Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 08:47:30PM +1100, Peter Harvey skrev:
> > Yeah, I changed it to "Show available topics" in the end. There was also
> > meant to be a combobox under the expander widget which said "All topics"
> > or "Community topics" or the like. But then I decided that I didn't like
> > the expander widget, so merged them to this:
> >   http://home.exetel.com.au/harvey/epiphany/t1c.png
> >
> > Is this a positive or a horrible horrible negative move?
>
> I don't like the "Hide list" option. Why not hide the list AND the all/top
> drop-down in an expander widget?

I tried that option but it felt annoying as a user. "Would you like to
see a list?" followed immediately by "What list would you like to see?".
It was just option after option.

In any case, the ephy-topics-entry widget has *not* been well-received,
so has been removed. :) The topic list has been re-instated as the only
means of selecting topics, so is shown all the time. We just provide a
choice now of "All", "Shortlist" and "Community" topic lists. All use
check-boxes. The "Shortlist" is the name I've given "Top" or "Suggested"
topics for now. Can see a picture of the shortlist in action at:
  http://home.exetel.com.au/harvey/epiphany/t1e.png

Regards,
Peter.