Re: pyphany and strange caching

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 20:28 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 06:35:38AM -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
> >On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 08:54 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> >> Any advise on debugging Python extensions?

> Yes, using 'print' would go a long way, but I don't know where the
> result ends up. Do note that I'm using the standard Ubuntu Hoary
> package.

Run Epiphany from the command-line, and results will get printed there.
Or if you run single commands from the Python Console, results will be
printed in the Python Console.

To run Epiphany from the command-line, you'll have to kill it
completely. "killall epiphany; epiphany" is one way to do it (it'll
re-open all your closed windows, but it may forget HTTP authentication,
temporary sessions, etc).

> I do like the Python console, but I like IPython even better. However, I
> can't import the 'epiphany' module in IPython:

No, you can't "import epiphany" unless you're running Python within
Epiphany.

Yet. (And I for one have no clue how to change that.)

IPython looks neat. I'm tempted to look into a way to integrate it into
the Python Console. These days I have no time, though, so don't hold
your breath.

Good luck!

Adam