Re: tabbed browsing

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 19:10 -0500, Amarpreet Rattan wrote:
> actually, i am a galeon user and "always open in tabs" feature keeps
> drawing me back to galeon.  that and mouse gestures.  however, i thought
> that i would give epiphany a try.  but i am a one browser window kind of
> guy, there is only enough room for one browser window on my desktop...
>
> anyways, other than that, epiphany is quite nice.

I used to use Galeon, too. But around two years ago, Epiphany got this
"extensions" feature. And the first extension coded was -- you guessed
it -- mouse gestures.

Most distributions have an "epiphany-extensions" package now. You can
compile from source, too. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/extensions for more information.
If you're using Epiphany 1.4, simply installing the extension will make
mouse gestures work (use the middle mouse button). If you're using
Epiphany 1.5, you can go to Tools -> Extensions and enable the
"Gestures" extension.

Maybe someone could write a "one-window-only" extension, too. I
personally won't because I don't think I'd use it (though I do feel that
links with the damned "target" attribute should be used to identify my
next murder victims), but that's not to say it's impossible to do. It
might even work in Python....

If you know before you click a link that it'll be opened in a new
window, middle-click on it instead of left-clicking; that'll open it in
a new tab.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>