Re: tabbed browsing

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 18:31 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 16:12 -0500, Amarpreet Rattan wrote:
> > is there a way to force all new calls to the browser to open tabs
> > instead of windows?  i only like to have one browser window open.
>
> Go to Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Preferred Applications. Choose
> "Custom Web Browser" and make the command "epiphany --new-tab %s".
>
> (I haven't tested this myself, but it ought to work!)

this appears to work, but only if i click on something outside of
epiphany.  it appears that popups open new windows.

is there a way to set epiphany to open tab ALWAYS?  that is, whenever
any program, including epiphany itself, wants to open a new page, it
ALWAYS (without exception) opens a new tab.

actually, i am a galeon user and "always open in tabs" feature keeps
drawing me back to galeon.  that and mouse gestures.  however, i thought
that i would give epiphany a try.  but i am a one browser window kind of
guy, there is only enough room for one browser window on my desktop...

anyways, other than that, epiphany is quite nice.