Extension that adds a tab on the preferences dialogue?

Is there such an extension somewhere that I can use as a guide for
performing the same sort of magic?

I have an extension that needs some configuration by the user and I
think it'd be best to include that configuration in the preferences
dialogue rather than add a new extension-specific preferences dialogue.

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

  The point of academic attacks is not exhibiting practical breaks;
the point is that only a trained cryptographer can tell whether a
given algorithm is secure or not. The author of an algorithm says: "My
cipher is secure, and trust me, I am an expert at this. And to prove
that I am a real good expert, I challenge other experts to find even
the most impractical, academic flaw in my cipher".
  Just like glue. Commercial ads state that the foobar glue can stick
an elephant to the ceiling. Who needs to stick an elephant to the
ceiling? But if it can do that, people will trust its sticking
strength.
      -- Thomas Pornin, sci.crypt