Re: Printing in Epiphany

Michael,

Thanks for the answer.  I will answer some of your questions, though it
seems that you have addressed many of them anyway.

Epiphany was installed as a binary from the FreeBSD 5.4 release
distribution (as part of CD #2, for those of you who use FreeBSD) as
part of the initial install.  Subsequently, I upgraded 5.4 to the
6.0-Beta (I didn't care much for 5.4), and have partially upgraded Gnome
to 2.10.2 (I think that number is correct) via portupgrade.  So I now
have most of the source on the system, but I don't know the flags used
to create the package I installed initially.

Mozilla and Epiphany show the same dialog box, but give different
results -- Epi does not print; Moz does.  FWIW, Epi also cannot save a
page to a file, so the combination is most inconvenient.

GEdit, Evo and the rest show dialogs that are different from Epi and
Moz, and work nicely.  I presume that this is the gnomeprint dialog box.

I also neglected to mention that the printer is an HP LaserJet 4M Plus,
a workhorse PostScript printer.  Since Epi does not find the right
queue, I don't think that this is the issue.

I will look into installing the Development version.  My only hesitation
is that getting all of the plug-ins to work properly might be a
challenge.  I run BSD native Epiphany and Java, and use Linux Acroread7,
Flash and Real Player through the "glue" of linuxpluginwrapper.  That
application has always been a bit fragile.

Frank