Re: Printing in Epiphany

Epiphany uses gnomeprint while Mozilla does not. GEdit also uses gnomeprint and I think Evolution does too. Does the print dialog look the same in GEdit and Evolution?

I wonder if gnomeprint requires a CUPS backend. Can you find a way to enumerate all printer queues on your system? What does "lpq" show?

Perhaps it would also help if you provided information on how you installed Epiphany on FreeBSD (from packages, from ports, from source, what the build options were, etc.).

Can you verify my assumption that Epiphany uses gnomeprint by seeing what the Epiphany binary is linked against using nm or objdump?

It may be that gnomeprint support was introduced after Ephy 1.6 or the FreeBSD ports system doesn't use it by default.

Printing is working for me with Ephy 1.7.x on GNOME 2.11 on Ubuntu Linux, but there's so many differences I could only make suggestions if you can answer some of these questions or state any assumptions you're making.