Re: some features in 1.4.0 make Epiphany a bit harder to use than 1.2.x

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:58:57 -0400, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm perplexed as to why you'd ever want to "open frame in new tab."
> Could you give a use case?

1. the article was displayed in a small frame, I'd like to  make the
frame bigger, but it's not adjustable sometimes.
2. In one topic, there are a series article. I want to open all of
them together, not one by one.

Why a website use frames? Just because it has more then one page to be
read. The sitemaker expect the reader open them one by one, and allow
the user switching between these pages quickly. If the frame was
opened in a new tab, I can keep both of new content and the old frame
site in the same time and easily switch between them. But, if it
replaces the current tab, I must make a difficult decision which
content should be kept.

And, I also don't agree to use the word "open frame" in here? The
meaning of this phrase isn't very clear. For a link, the content under
this link isn't opened before we click it or select "open this link".
But for a frame, when some contents were shown in a frame, it's
already opened, isn't it? Then, what does "open frame" mean?

So, comparing "open frame" and "open frame in new tab", the later one
is not only much more useful, but also meaningful and understandable.

--
 Best Regards
 Carlos