Re: Extensions manager ideas

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 23:24 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
> So, the big questions: is there anything I'm forgetting? Any comments?
> Is this system overkill? Any ideas on how to make this system better? etc.

How will the user install/uninstall an epiphany-extension?

I think it will be a good idea to define a epiphany-extension mime-type
(or just a specific file extension, perhaps .epy-ext) so the user could
install the epiphany-extension by clicking a link from a web page or by
clicking the downloaded file in the file-manager. Drag and drop should
be an option too.

I guess you will need to add a button in the extension-manager for
uninstalling the extension (or removing it from the list, if the user
doesn't have permission to remove it)

Besides that issue, everything looks ok, IMO.

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla hpcf upr edu>