Re: MHTML Support

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 16:16, Anoop Johnson wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> I have an idea regarding MHTML support in Epiphany. MHTML is MIME enabled
> HTML. Basically you can save
> a web page with all the images and stuff like that in a single archive file.
> It is an open format:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2557.txt
>
> MHTML is supported in IE, but I could not find it in any Linux based
> browser.  There are already a couple of
> wishlist bugs filed about MHTML on Bugzilla:
> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=18764,40873
>
> I would like to work on adding this feature to Epiphany. But I'm not sure
> how to proceed on this. Like how
> will it be received  by you.

Hi,

I'd like to have such functionality but it should really be implemented
in mozilla. Otherwise you will end duplicating a lot of code. Mozilla
has already an api that allow to save page and his content, we just need
to add support there for MHTML. Once mozilla api support it, it's easy
to make ephy use it.

Marco