Re: Epiphany 1.1.11

Quoting John Guchemand:

Hi John,

> I am new to the list, and rather new to programming.  I just opened the
> link to the Epiphany web site, and found that in Netscape 4x it is
> unreadable.  In IE6 it looks OK, but it still could use some work.
Nearly all Gnome-related web pages are based on XHTML and CSS, so the
Epiphany web page. Netscape 4.x was written in the days of HTML 4; CSS
were supported on a very basic level only, so it just can't display a
page using these new standards properly. But the site is usable (I
checked this with Netscape 4.05 on AIX): content is readable and
navigation works. It just doesn't look as nice as in one of today's
browsers.

Regarding MS browsers, I usually check my work using IE 5.5 and IE 6 to
see if it looks ok, but that's all: I'm not willing to mess up a web
page with workarounds for one company's very own way of dealing with web
standards. For example I'm strictly against using GIFs just because MS
seems to be unable to properly support transparent PNGs.

Regards,
Stefan