Re: Mozilla 1.7 will break Epiphany printing

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 00:41 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Le jeu 24/06/2004 à 22:45, Edd Dumbill a écrit :
> > > I have filed a bug on Mozilla asking for this to be re-enabled, but for
> > > now you won't be able to print from epiphany.
> >
> > I think we should treat it as RC, as this is quite a severe regression.
> > We'd better release sarge with mozilla 1.6 but a working printing for
> > the desktop's browser.
>
> [CC'ing Epiphany list for upstream comment.]
>
> Looks like we have a problem then, read
>
> "The original bug report lists security reasons beyond the fact that
> Mozillas Postscript/default is obsolete.  Epiphany upstream knows about

This is bullshit. Printing to postscript is a way to generate a pdf
(with ps2pdf for example), which can be used as a way to distribute a
snapshot of the page (think "screenshot").

> the issue since *years*. It is their fault when they have deaf ears.
> Sorry."
>
> -- Edd

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."