Tabs annoyance

I use Epiphany every day for my browsing, and I love it. There's one annoyance that I wish would go away, though.

Whenever I open a new tab, it loads my homepage, taking focus away from the address bar in the middle of my typing. This also occurs when I set my homepage to blank.

The obvious fix here would be to have the homepage load on browser startup, but not on new tabs. At least keep the focus on the address bar instead of making me move my mouse up there and click each time.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker