Re: Epiphany pixmap storage usage. (Please use xrestop, it is your friend).

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 14:06 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Yup.
>
> Oink, oink, oink.
>
> Use a larger list of more commercial web sites, and you''
> chew up 100 megabytes without even thinking about it.
>
> Epiphany seems worse that Moz, but Moz is terrible.
>
>                           - Jim

I've only done that one simple test, but it showed that Firefox actually
consumed more memory than Epiphany. I may try to conduct some more later
(including turning images for websites off).

In any case, I don't see a whole lot that can be done for this problem
from within Epiphany code. Epiphany is a UI wrapper over the Mozilla
rendering engine and the GTK code for Epiphany that I've seen seems
fairly standard.

Perhaps someone can try to disable the Mozilla renderer and observe how
much pixmap memory the Epiphany UI is actually consuming, proving once
and for all it's a Mozilla problem?

Regards,
Peter.