Re: [Epiphany] setting up Java Webstart

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 robert@marcanoonline.com wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >

> > I'm trying to set up Java Webstart for the epiphany webbrowser. For
> > Mozilla this is just a breeze; edit ~/.mailcap and ~/.mime.types and
> > you're all set. But epiphany, on the contrary, ignores these settings
> > and I have honestly no idea where to look at.
> >
> > Hints are greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>

> Use the GNOME preferences applicaction called "File Types and Programs"

Ah, I was already checking out ~/.gnome configuration files, but to no
avail. I don't use any other GNOME stuff, so I never bothered to look at
the configuration utilities Debian conveniently installed with it.

For those who use WindowMaker like me or any window manager other than
GNOME, install gnome-control-center.

Still, I would like to see epiphany obey ~/.mailcap and ~/.mime.types. So
this is a feature request after all.

Thanks,

Jorrit Kronjee