Re: friendly suggestion

Marco Writes:
On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 21:38, Eric Wood wrote:
I'm not on the mail list but I have some friendly suggestions for
Epiphany (Currently using Fedora with Epiphany 1.0.4):
1. The Download page needs to remove Redhat and add Fedora:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/

Stefan, could you do this please ?

Probably don't want to remove redhat (there are plenty of existing users), just want to add fedora. :P
2. Can't click on a mailto: link.  Needs to ask for association to an
email program such as Evolution.
3. Can't click on irc://irc.gnome.org:6667/epiphany, again same reason
as #2.

Hrm, it's bad we slipped this so long, considering we make integration
one of our strong points ...
Could you post a report on bugzilla.gnome.org for this ? I'll get it
fixed ASAP.

last time i checked the there wasn't a way to open the file types capplet from the command so that you could just add a a scheme handler. This does exist for file types (as used in nautilus and open applet). I filed a bug a long while ago about this too. Regarding the irc handler, I think we should just add a default handler for this to the gnome-vfs schemas, though who to default to is a sticky problem. The best bet is x-chat in terms of actually being used by large number of users, but from a desktop standpoint gnomechat is much more up our alley though.
dave