[Epiphany] Re: More Suggestions

Matthias Braun writes:

> Hi,
> Thanks for this great browser. It's an excelent example of UI design IMO.
> Anyway I had a few more ideas while using it (BTW: I'm using 0.6.0 no idea
> what changed in 0.6.1)
>
> -The preferences could be made even smaller. Is there a reason why someone
>  would change the link/test colors?

This will probably happen soon, seth and i spent the day talking about it
and decided that there is no real reason to keep the prefs.

> -Fonts settings seems overkill as well, but here I can understand that
>  picking a good font automatically is hard in linux boxes at the moment as
>  you have no idea what fonts the user has installed... But maybe there's a
>  way to use the fonts from gnome preferences...

Yeah it sort of sucks. A bug exists, but this is sort of a complex issue.

> -The Cache settings in complex also seem redundant for me... A good
>  "hardcoded" default should do here.

I agree in principle, not sure if there is a bigger underlining issue
though.

> -It would be nice to have the bookmarks as an element in the browsing bar
>  instead (or additionally?) of the own browsing bar

Can you expand on this, i'm not quite sure what you mean.

<tired/>

dave