Re: [Epiphany] Epiphany RPM packages for RH9

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 12:14, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Gnome2.. if it can't be a default, it's not worth being there at all..
>
> That's not what I've read. From what Havoc says I think the main point is
> that the preferences should be a minimum. Only what makes sense to
> end-users, everything else can go into gconf if it makes sense to have it.

That's over-simplifying the issue (well, so was mine, but..) Yes, there
are situations where having a gconf key makes sense, while having a
widget in a preferences panel does not. Those situations are however
basically reduced to cases where that way it's possible to avoid
hardcoding addresses or other variables into the application.

Settings which introduce functionality differences add complexity to the
application whether or not they're exposed in a preferences panel.
Additional complexity == more bug opportunities, especially when you
start considering combinations.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@iki.fi>

This is a digitally signed message part